Find a HVAC in Fithian, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At which time of the year should I schedule services with a roofing professional?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the typical rate roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the normal period of time to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
When is the best time to set up my roof evaluated?
Most roofers recommend biannual roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Fithian, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Fithian, Illinois. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.