Find a HVAC Profesional in Fithian, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Fithian, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Fithian, IL. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.