Find a HVAC in Evanston, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHVAC // Illinois // Evanston
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Evanston, IllinoisSearch Results // Illinois // Evanston
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the ideal season to get your roof serviced?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal price roofing experts charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time required for building a replacement roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really stall the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
At which point should I think about having a roof inspection done?
Most roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Evanston, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Evanston, Illinois. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.