Find a Profesional in Elwood, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is the best time to get your roof serviced?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the average price roofing professionals charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe to restore a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Elwood, IL. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
When is inspecting my roof necessary?
Many roofing professionals recommend biannual roof inspections since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Elwood, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Elwood, IL. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to hire the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.