Find a HVAC Profesional in Effingham, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Effingham
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Effingham, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Effingham, IL. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.