Find a Profesional in East Alton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I book an appointment to get roofing services done?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the normal pricing per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the typical duration to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in East Alton, IL. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Services in East Alton, IL
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in East Alton, IL. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.