Find a HVAC Profesional in Dwight, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Dwight
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Dwight, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Dwight, IL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to find the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.