Find a Profesional in Dolton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When during the year is good for a roofing job?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it typically take to build a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Dolton, IL. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
When is the best time to get my roof evaluated?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Dolton, IL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Dolton, IL. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.