Find a HVAC in Des Plaines, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHVAC // Illinois // Des Plaines
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Des Plaines, IllinoisSearch Results // Illinois // Des Plaines
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is good for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe to replace a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
At what moment should I consider getting an inspection for my roof?
Most roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Des Plaines, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Des Plaines, IL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Des Plaines, IL. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home right away.