Find a HVAC Profesional in Dekalb, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Dekalb, IL. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Dekalb, IL
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Dekalb, IL, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Dekalb, IL. Find the right contractor for your house right away.