Find a Profesional in Cottage Hills, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I plan to get roofing services performed?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for services.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
How much is the rate for most roofing contractors per square foot?
Roofing services can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Cottage Hills, IL. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
When is the best time to set up a roof inspection?
Most roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Cottage Hills, IL
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Cottage Hills, IL, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.