Find a HVAC Profesional in Cobden, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Cobden, IL. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Cobden
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Cobden, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Cobden, IL. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Cobden, IL. Get the roofing services you need for your property now.