Find a HVAC Profesional in Carpentersville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Carpentersville
Roofing Maintenance Services near Carpentersville, IL
If you need roofing maintenance services in Carpentersville, IL, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to hire the right companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.