Find a HVAC in Carol Stream, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHVAC // Illinois // Carol Stream
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Carol Stream, IllinoisSearch Results // Illinois // Carol Stream
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it take to get a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the project.
When should my roof be inspected?
Many roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the typical cost of replacement services from a roofer?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much is a roofer's rate to fix a roof top?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Carol Stream, IL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Carol Stream, IL. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.