Find a HVAC Profesional in Burlington, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Burlington, IL
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Burlington, IL, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.