Find a HVAC Profesional in Buffalo, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Buffalo, Illinois. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Buffalo, Illinois
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Buffalo, Illinois. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.