Find a HVAC Profesional in Blue Island, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Blue Island, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Blue Island, Illinois. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.