Find a HVAC Profesional in Bloomingdale, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Bloomingdale, Illinois. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Bloomingdale
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Bloomingdale, Illinois
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Bloomingdale, Illinois. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to find the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.