Find a HVAC Profesional in Blandinsville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Blandinsville, IL. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Blandinsville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Blandinsville, IL
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Blandinsville, IL, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.