Find a HVAC Profesional in Bethalto, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Bethalto, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Bethalto, Illinois. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.