Find a Profesional in Atlanta, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Fireplace and Chimney Installation ProfessionalsFireplace and Chimney Installation // Illinois // Atlanta
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Atlanta, IllinoisSearch Results // Illinois // Atlanta
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the perfect season for a roofing project?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the common rate per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the typical period of time for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Atlanta, IL. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with the hours for the job.
When is a roof inspection required?
Many roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Atlanta, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Atlanta, IL. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.