Find a Profesional in Alhambra, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it take to get a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Alhambra, IL. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
At what point should I consider getting an inspection done for my roof?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the typical price for replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What should I budget for roof maintenance?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Alhambra, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Alhambra, IL. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the best companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.