Find a HVAC Profesional in Albers, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Albers, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Albers, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.