Find a Profesional in Star, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for a roof replacement job?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the expected expenditure to fix my roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the average pricing per square foot for roofing services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time needed for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Star, ID
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Star, ID. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.