Find a HVAC Profesional in Shoshone, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Shoshone, ID. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Idaho // Shoshone
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Shoshone, ID
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Shoshone, ID. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.