Find a HVAC Profesional in Shelley, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Idaho // Shelley
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Shelley, ID
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Shelley, ID. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.