Find a Profesional in Nampa, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe to get a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which time is best to set up a roof inspection?
Many roofing professionals suggest biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How do roofers generally price labor for a replacement?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What costs are affiliated with fixing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Nampa, ID
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Nampa, ID. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to hire the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.