Find a Profesional in Meridian, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the perfect season for a roofing project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing contractor's services?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Of course, how expensive it will be will change depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the normal period of time for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Meridian, Idaho. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roof inspection?
Many roofers recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Meridian, Idaho
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Meridian, Idaho. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.