Find a HVAC Profesional in Meridian, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Meridian, ID
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Meridian, ID. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Meridian, ID. Find the perfect contractor for your property now.