Find a HVAC in Caldwell, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should a roof inspection be done?
The majority of roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How do roofers generally price labor for roof replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the expected price to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
When should I plan to have roofing contractors come out?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Caldwell, ID
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Caldwell, ID. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.