Find a HVAC Profesional in Calder, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for services.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Calder, Idaho
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Calder, Idaho. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Calder, Idaho. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.