Find a HVAC Profesional in Marion, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Marion, IA. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Iowa // Marion
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Marion, IA
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Marion, IA. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to hire the right companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.