Find a HVAC Profesional in Malvern, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Malvern, IA. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Malvern, IA
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Malvern, IA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.