Find a HVAC in Bondurant, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal duration to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Bondurant, IA. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the project.
What is the right occasion to schedule an inspection for my roof?
Most roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How do roofers typically price labor for a replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much should I budget for roof maintenance?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Bondurant, IA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Bondurant, IA. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Bondurant, IA. Get the roofing services you need for your house today.