Find a HVAC Profesional in Blencoe, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Blencoe, IA. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Blencoe, IA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Blencoe, IA. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.