Find a HVAC in your area
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it typically take for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
At which point should I think about getting an inspection done for my roof?
The majority of roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
How much is a contractor's rate to fix the roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Your Area
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in your area, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in your area. Find the right contractor for your house today.