Find a HVAC Profesional in Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Kailua Kona, Hawaii. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Hawaii // Kailua Kona
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Kailua Kona, Hawaii
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Kailua Kona, Hawaii, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Kailua Kona, Hawaii. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.