Find a HVAC Profesional in Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Ewa Beach, Hawaii. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.