Find a HVAC Profesional in Parrish, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Parrish, FL. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Florida // Parrish
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Parrish, FL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Parrish, FL. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.