Find a HVAC Profesional in Palmetto, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Palmetto, FL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Palmetto, FL. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Palmetto, FL. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home now.