Find a HVAC Profesional in Palm Harbor, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Palm Harbor, FL. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Florida // Palm Harbor
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Palm Harbor, FL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Palm Harbor, FL. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Palm Harbor, FL. Find the perfect contractor for your property today.