Find a HVAC Profesional in Nokomis, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Nokomis, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Nokomis, Florida. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.