Find a HVAC Profesional in Newberry, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Newberry, FL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Newberry, FL. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to hire the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.