Find a HVAC Profesional in Moore Haven, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really delay the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Moore Haven, Florida
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Moore Haven, Florida. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Moore Haven, Florida. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.