Find a HVAC Profesional in Lawtey, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Lawtey, FL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Lawtey, FL. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.