Find Window Air Conditioner Repair in Lake Mary, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR
Is it worth fixing a window air conditioner?
Installing whole-home air conditioning will cost thousands of dollars around Lake Mary, Florida and isn't a choice for those renting or with a tight budget. The most cost-effective alternative is window air conditioning machines, but even these will cost hundreds of dollars. Buying new units will be more costly than routine maintenance, making it a smart investment in the long run.
Opting to fix existing window air conditioners versus replacing them may come down to your long-term goals. If you plan to install a whole-home HVAC system in your house, maintaining existing window units could be the best short-term solution. But window units also have advantages over other HVAC systems, such as increased energy efficiency, transportability, and being able to work as supplemental cooling and heating with central air. Consider your requirements and goals and weigh them against the price of repairs offered by pros on Thumbtack to figure out if they will be worthwhile.
What are some important considerations when choosing a window air conditioner repair contractor?
It would be best to do your research when picking a window air conditioner repair contractor to ensure you get the most for your money. Whether you're looking for routine maintenance or a one-time service in Lake Mary, Florida, check for these key factors from the agency or contractor:
- Experience - There are hundreds of types of window air conditioners available, and some function with a variety of systems and components. Always check that the contractor you're considering has knowledge of your specific make and model by asking them upfront.
- Certification - You can verify that the contractor has the proper licenses to do repairs in Lake Mary, Florida and any HVAC certifications.
- Guarantees - Your appliance might have a warranty from the manufacturer, so ask your contractor about including that in the price of the service. Hiring a contractor that offers guarantees on their labor will give you confidence.
- Service Schedule - Standard business times aren't always best when it comes to cooling and heating your residence. Consider window air conditioner repair contractors who offer on-call services in the event your appliance fails over the weekend or holidays.
- References - Most dependable contractors will have references from past customers confirming their skills and services. Look at their online reviews to understand how effectively the contractor provides quality work and customer satisfaction.
Which issue is most frequently reported with window air conditioners?
You shouldn't wait until your window air conditioner stops working to look for repair services in Lake Mary, Florida. Troubleshoot your appliance for any of these common issues to decide whether calling in an expert is warranted:
- Age - The average window air conditioner will last a decade, though scheduled maintenance can stretch the lifespan to 15 years. Consider employing a contractor to perform preventive maintenance if your appliance is near its prime, especially if you notice any performance issues.
- Odd Noises - It's common for a window air conditioner to make a little whistling or humming sounds as it turns on, but any loud screeches, pops, or grinding noises are concerning.
- Bad Smells - Any acrid or mildew smells emanating from the window air conditioner as it runs means it needs to be cleaned and fixed. Wiring problems are a fire hazard, and mold might be behind the mildew smell and be a danger to indoor air quality.
- Higher Electric Bills - A damaged window air conditioner might be drawing more power than is usual when functioning properly. Turn to an expert to repair the unit if your electric bills increase more than usual whenever your machine runs.
What part of a window air conditioner is often the most costly to fix?
The costliest repairs on a window air conditioner varies by the specific model of the machine and the extent of the issue. A few of the most expensive parts to repair or replace as reported by residents of Lake Mary, Florida are:
- Compressor - The compressor is a crucial piece that squeezes freon and improves its energy efficiency.
- Condenser Coil - The condenser coil, positioned on the outer part of the machine, releases heat built up by the evaporator coil to complete the heat cycle.
- Electronic Control Board: This board is responsible for operating many functions of the air conditioner, like the thermostat and fan.
- Motor - The fan motor is typically integrated with several intricate components of the machine to help with functions such as heat exchange, circulation, condensing, and evaporation.
- Refrigerant Leak Recharge - If there's a freon leak, the price to repair it and a recharge will be significant. Additionally, refrigerants are regulated substances requiring specialized training and equipment to handle.
You should note that the decision to fix or replace a window air conditioner will be based on things like the age of the machine, the scope of the damage, and price. If your window air conditioner is less than ten years old, investing in any of these repairs could be more cost-efficient than buying a new one.
Enlist a Professional Matching Your Budget and Schedule for Window Air Conditioner Repairs Near Lake Mary, Florida on Thumbtack
Dependable window air conditioner repair contractors in Lake Mary, Florida are waiting to be discovered on Thumbtack. Repairing your transportable HVAC system can be cost-effective if it's less than ten years old and any repairs don't cost more than buying a new model. With the high price you can expect to pay for a good window air conditioner and the affordable rates offered by repair professionals, you'll be doing many favors for your wallet and the comfort of your home's occupants by scheduling a service appointment as soon as possible.
Window air conditioners are closed cooling machines designed to be installed in a window or a specially designed opening in the wall. These units are often used to cool single rooms or small spaces and are popular for home and business applications. Much less expensive than installing whole-home air conditioning, a window air conditioner can effectively cool or heat a room any season of the year. It's common for some components to eventually break down from heavy use, though scheduling routine maintenance from a contractor to clean and inspect the unit in the spring and fall will help keep yours working when it's needed most.
Whether you want regularly scheduled maintenance or repairs as issues arise, an expert repair person has the tools and training to do the task quickly. Contractors specializing in HVAC repair are certified to work with regulated substances like freon used in closed cooling systems. A professional will also have experience repairing the many intricate components inside these units and can even clean them to stretch their lifespan. Things to consider when selecting a contractor for window air conditioner repairs include industry certification, customer reviews, business hours, and price. Similar information and more is compiled on Thumbtack so you can conveniently and reliably maintain one of your home's most essential systems.