Find a HVAC Profesional in Lake Mary, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Lake Mary, Florida
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lake Mary, Florida. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.