Find a HVAC Profesional in Inverness, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Inverness, FL. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Inverness, FL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Inverness, FL. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the right professional for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Inverness, FL. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house right away.