Find a HVAC Profesional in Homosassa, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Homosassa, Florida
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Homosassa, Florida, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the best companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.