Find a HVAC Profesional in Holiday, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Holiday, Florida. Storms will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Holiday, Florida
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Holiday, Florida. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.